Thursday, June 5, 2014

Stamford Downtown 2014 Summer Intern update #2 - Maddie and Mahir

As written by Maddie-

Maddie's selfie
As I’m approaching the end of the third week of internship, I’m definitely settling down and keeping up with the pace of the office. I just got back from doing a test run of the tours for the Street Seats event kickoff, which I, along with Mahir, will be leading.  It’s cool to think that even though we’re interns, Mahir and I are trusted enough to edit a script and read it to a large number of people participating in the tour. Just last week, I got to pick out a color scheme with the input of Mahir and Annette (DSSD Staffer) for the Downtowner event. These creative projects are the ones that I enjoy the most, so if any of the employees are reading this, please take note.
            One of the highlights of this week has been eating at the Valencia food truck. The Venezuelan beach food takes me back to when I was eating food on the beach in the Dominican Republic this past Christmas break.  The food was cheap, but well worth the money. I had a chicken arepa, which is almost like a corn grits tortilla, and fried plantains which are similar tasting to bananas. It was delicious!  If only I had a refreshing smoothie and a nice view of a beach to go with my meal, then it would be absolutely perfect.

          
    I look forward to going to the Downtowner event later and hopefully mix in with the adults despite the fact that I have yet to graduate high school. As for next week, the Street Seats kickoff will be nerve wracking but definitely an event I will remember. That’s all for now!  #stamforddowntown

No comments:

Find our Advertisers in the annual Stamford Downtown Directory

2019-2020 GUIDE

Check out these special menus from Stamford Tables

Parking in Stamford Downtown

Stamford Downtown Demographics

Stamford Downtown Signal Box Brochure

Stamford Downtown Event info

Check out our full Calendar for more events - click here
Sign up for email blasts - click here