Monday, January 27, 2014

Cask Republic @ 191 Summer Street

Cask Republic

AMERICAN$$

191 Summer Street
203-348-2275
Communal Tavern. Real food/real beer. A neighborhood restaurant and gathering place, as well as a premiere destination for ardent beer drinkers and hobbyist. More than an American tavern, taking beer seriously, with a menu to match.
 
 I didn't  come for the beer, but maybe I should have cause they have such an assortment.  So many to choose from. Crazy names like dogfish and smuttynose....that's a nice one.  Bottled or draught. Lagers, ales, stouts and porters to name a few.  I'm sure they were what everyone else was consuming-- Not me. I ordered a coffee.  How silly.  
I had a different mission.  I mostly came to check out this new resto on the block with my lunch buddy.  Seemed like a pretty good reason.   What did we order you ask?...I'll tell you. We had the soup to start cause it was quite a blustery day.  Spicy butternut soup hit the spot.  Lunch buddy ordered the tomato soup and kale salad.  I ordered the cask burger. My burger sat on a English muffin and tomato jam, which I thought was a nice touch.  Nice view of the fireplace...sat really close.  Nice and cozy.  Nice crowd.  Tasty food. 












#stamforddowntown Cask Republic

No comments:

Find our Advertisers in the annual Stamford Downtown Directory

2019-2020 GUIDE

Check out these special menus from Stamford Tables

Parking in Stamford Downtown

Stamford Downtown Demographics

Stamford Downtown Signal Box Brochure

Stamford Downtown Event info

Check out our full Calendar for more events - click here
Sign up for email blasts - click here