Friday, July 19, 2013

Summer Intern update #5 - by Taylor

Intern Update 
By: Taylor

Over the past four weeks that I have been interning with the DSSD, working here has proven to be the most exciting, engaging and energizing work experience I've ever had the pleasure of having. The atmosphere and people are incredibly friendly and always have something cool and interesting for me to do. Every person has a different job, which allows me to get a feel for everything going on in the office. For instance, I can be filing Certificates of Insurance and making Public Relations folders one minute while the next hour I could be looking through the Stamford Downtown Outdoor Sculpture Exhibit. 

I might be busy matching up the pieces of art in the book with online photos or thinking of a creative name for the new Art in Public Places project. However, if it’s Thursday I’ll be working the front gate at Alive at Five, helping the public and ticket handling. Sometimes, I’ll even have the opportunity to meet the musicians – which is fun and unexpected. What I love about working for the DSSD is that I could have the smallest task to do; yet completing that small task helps someone else out in the office carry out what they need to do in a bigger way. For example, my small task for this week that is actually very important is creating packages for the Board of Commissioners meeting. It takes a lot of time and effort to compile all of the important information; however, it will be vital in helping the meeting run smoothly since the members will have the information readily at their fingertips. At the DSSD, the work is never just “busy work” because every work project I help with makes a difference in the office. I look forward to next week’s adventure!  
Taylor is the 4th  from the left

No comments:

Find our Advertisers in the annual Stamford Downtown Directory

2019-2020 GUIDE

Check out these special menus from Stamford Tables

Parking in Stamford Downtown

Stamford Downtown Demographics

Stamford Downtown Signal Box Brochure

Stamford Downtown Event info

Check out our full Calendar for more events - click here
Sign up for email blasts - click here