Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Ferrante - a Winter Restaurant Week 2010 experience

Delicious.  Yes, that's the first word that has come to mind to describe my lunch experience yesterday.  I went out to lunch with a few friends to one of the many (19 to be exact) restos that are participating for the next two weeks in the Stamford Downtown Winter Restaurant Weeks promotion.  I always try to get to a couple during the run, and this time I found myself at Ferrante.   Lenny, the owner,  has such a warm and welcoming personality--he couldn't have been, as well as his staff, more attentive to our table.  And although it was rainy and cold outside, it didn't matter for I was whisked away by the presence of gigantic blooming dogwood branches that adorned the room, and the scattering of mini vases full of pink tulips.  How was the food you ask?  Well... It was a 3 course lunch. (I'll eat light for dinner I tell myself).

 First course, Misto Terra.  Besides being "beauty on a plate", it was super fresh and delicious.  Asparagus, red bell peppers, eggplant ragu, zucchini, champignon mushroom surrounded by a herbed drizzle.  Outstanding.  Okay, so second was the entree, and also something I couldn't pronounce-Tagliardi con Carciofi e Spinachi.  Give up?  It's the most delicious flat pasta with baby artichokes, sauteed spinach , white truffle old and fontina cheese.  Not beauty on a plate, but again, outstanding.  And to finish.....Panna Cotta.  Have you tried this before? OMG!  This Italian Flan is to die for.  ( I don't have a photo of that one, but you can imagine.)  I had a fantastic lunch.  Two words now --Delicious and Outstanding! Give it a try for Winter Restaurant Weeks, 2/21- 3/7.

(thanks Jami!)

No comments:

Find our Advertisers in the annual Stamford Downtown Directory

2019-2020 GUIDE

Check out these special menus from Stamford Tables

Parking in Stamford Downtown

Stamford Downtown Demographics

Stamford Downtown Signal Box Brochure

Stamford Downtown Event info

Check out our full Calendar for more events - click here
Sign up for email blasts - click here