Friday, April 24, 2009

It's busy out there...

Wow. I couldn't believe how many people I saw dining out at lunch time today. It was such a nice day, and it being Friday, a perfect chance to go out for lunch. I needed to do some business on Bank Street, so I stopped at Duo for lunch afterwards. Duo is hip, chic and modern. And, the new menu is great, with so many innovative choices. Boring as it may seem, I had a plain sushi platter, but the way it was plated made it special nonetheless. The miso soup came in a funky shaped bowl, and the sushi sat hugged inside a long rectangular dish. It was served with unusual metal chopsticks; it was tough for me to get used to. (I could tell that my lunch date had trouble with them too.) The sushi was super fresh, and a great lunch. The resto had been empty when I arrived, so at first I didn't think anyone else was dining out today, but as we sat there, the tables seemed to fill all around me. I was surprised how busy it was out there. Walking back to the office, I toured lower Summer to check on everybody and here's what I found:
I peeked into Buffalo Wild Wings-super crowded
Said hello to Lenny at Ferrante-beautiful flowers, and moderately crowded
SBC-seemingly half full, but not many on the outside
Now on to Bedford Street...
Capriccios- SUPER crowded,
Tigin- some outside diners,
Lucky's -nice new tables, and crowded.
Yes, dining inside is nice, but outdoor dining is back and back strong. Go out and eat!

No comments:

Find our Advertisers in the annual Stamford Downtown Directory

2019-2020 GUIDE

Check out these special menus from Stamford Tables

Parking in Stamford Downtown

Stamford Downtown Demographics

Stamford Downtown Signal Box Brochure

Stamford Downtown Event info

Check out our full Calendar for more events - click here
Sign up for email blasts - click here