Wednesday, March 4, 2009

This little piggy went to Market


As Restaurant Weeks are almost at a close, I fear that there so many restaurants to experience and not enough time for me to celebrate. And even though it was super cold last night I dragged my hubby out for a some Downtown Dining. I figured I'd try a new place, so last night I went to Market Restaurant . Even though I did my research, and downloaded the participating Restaurant Week menus, I still wasn't 100% stuck on any one place or another. I wasn't sure what to expect, it being a special event, but Market ended up being a great choice. Market offers a 3-part meal. My favorite was the last part, and here's why...

Market was really in the spirit of celebrating this event. I say this because, well, I didn't really have a choice, their menu was ALL about it. Which I loved, actually. It was fun to know that everyone in the room was ordering the same way. Food was being served to others around me. I tried to peek at the table next to me, but I wasn't close enough. No luck there with helping me decide what to choose.
The ordering process was easy. I could choose one item from the left side and an item from the right. Simply, I had the clam chowder and the braised ribs. Okay, I have to admit, it was tasty. I don't usually like to order a meat that falls off the bone, and it was a nice change. It tasted just fine. When done, I figured I'd pass on dessert so I could "weigh in", without feeling too guilty. I thought I was done; dinner over and I'd ask for the check. But here's where the 3rd part of the meal comes in. Much to my surprise, an after-dinner cocktail was included with our 'Restaurant Week Special". Yahoo! It didn't take too long for me to decide: I ordered the Courvoisier, and if I wasn't having a good time before the 3rd part, I certainly was enjoying the evening afterwards. Huge shot. A warm addition to the frigid night. Loved it. P.S. Today, I friended Market on my Facebook. : )

Winter Restaurant Weeks end March 8.

No comments:

Find our Advertisers in the annual Stamford Downtown Directory

2019-2020 GUIDE

Check out these special menus from Stamford Tables

Parking in Stamford Downtown

Stamford Downtown Demographics

Stamford Downtown Signal Box Brochure

Stamford Downtown Event info

Check out our full Calendar for more events - click here
Sign up for email blasts - click here