Saturday, March 21, 2009

g/r/a/n/d it is . . .





g/r/a/n/d. Yes it is.



And I couldn't believe that I hadn't been there before, and couldn't really explain why I hadn't. I guess when there are so many new and exiting restaurants that open every few months, and if you are person that doesn't get out much, you tend to go to the same old comfortable fav's or the newest place "to be seen". Well, I know that g/r/a/n/d has been around for awhile, but I just never got there. So, I was happy that all the restaurant week participants decided to extend till March 22, cause it gave me some extra time to talk my hubby into another night out on the town. His choice this time. This is when we had the opportunity to discover g/r/a/n/d. (I don't understand the slashes, but that's okay. If any one reading this knows why the slashes, please share.) This place has a new feel, it's chic, hip and brimming with music. I was surprised to find out that they have a schedule of bands that come and play, they have a DJ playing music most of the time and they have a nice open space for dancing. Check out their website. Anyhow, our dinner went well. We had a quiet table for two in the middle. Nice tall ceilings. We enjoyed watching the walls randomly turn colors. Very dramatic, and a cool feature. Close to our table was an interesting wall of hanging chains that separated the diners from the restrooms. Being curious, I used the facilities just to see what it would feel like to walk through them. Slinky and provocative.




The waitstaff was nicely attentive, and available all night. I ordered the signature dish of mac and cheese as an appy. Comfort food and comforting. We had lobster linguine and hanger steak with fries. The food was good. All of it was good. I'd go back.

No comments:

Find our Advertisers in the annual Stamford Downtown Directory

2019-2020 GUIDE

Check out these special menus from Stamford Tables

Parking in Stamford Downtown

Stamford Downtown Demographics

Stamford Downtown Signal Box Brochure

Stamford Downtown Event info

Check out our full Calendar for more events - click here
Sign up for email blasts - click here