Friday, October 17, 2008

Candy store treat



Have you ever been to Schakolad? It's a quaint little chocolate store at 172 Bedford Street. Yesterday, they celebrated their 5th anniversary here in Stamford. They were offering up a glorious day of chocolate, fun, discounts and prizes to help them celebrate. And being the party girl that I am, I ventured over there after work with some of my colleagues to join in on the fun. As we arrived, a huge three-tiered flowing chocolate fountain greeted us, along with chocolate-dipped champagne glasses, and mouth-watering fresh truffles. I couldn't resist plunging a nearby pretzel stick right through the flowing chocolate. Yum, yum, yum. It was so delicious. This was my first "fountain" experience; I've always thought that having a chocolate fountain would be tons of fun. And yes, it was. I lingered over it for a few more goodies.

But I truly came with a purpose; finding a dark chocolate treat for my hubby. I was celebrating my own anniversary today, and was hoping to put a smile on my "better half" with a unique chocolate lollipop treat. (I found a chocolate race car--how cute!)
It was a glorious day of chocolate, fun, and discounts and prizes. For a quick moment, I felt like a kid in a candy store.

No comments:

Find our Advertisers in the annual Stamford Downtown Directory

2019-2020 GUIDE

Check out these special menus from Stamford Tables

Parking in Stamford Downtown

Stamford Downtown Demographics

Stamford Downtown Signal Box Brochure

Stamford Downtown Event info

Check out our full Calendar for more events - click here
Sign up for email blasts - click here