Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Milkshake my Sunday

I had the best milkshake this past weekend....
Sure, I could be talking about a dance move, since I got this yummy milkshake at this past weekend's Art Crafts and Blues Festival on Bedford Street in Stamford Downtown. Nope. I got it at Lucky's, one of the funnest places on Bedford Street, where you can get the best milkshakes. If you haven't tried their special shake, you must give it a run for the calorie. The blues music made me move and groove to work off those extra pounds, so no biggie.
Saturday night's festival was different from Sunday afternoon--it was so romantic. I had never been to the festival at night, and it was quite delightful. The music, by Levon Helm, superb. Really mellow blues. All the booths had out their best work. I enjoyed the glass blown guy. His work was amazing. Each booth had their own little light, which gave the street fair a welcome glow. I was surprised to see the French (Farmers) Market there, but it was a nice to see all the veggies still abundant in color. I wandered for a few hours, buying here and there, before my kids had enough and wanted to leave.

It was calm, yet festive: It is what I would imagine a small town would run to be neighborly. I had a great time, as did my family unit.

No comments:

Find our Advertisers in the annual Stamford Downtown Directory

2019-2020 GUIDE

Check out these special menus from Stamford Tables

Parking in Stamford Downtown

Stamford Downtown Demographics

Stamford Downtown Signal Box Brochure

Stamford Downtown Event info

Check out our full Calendar for more events - click here
Sign up for email blasts - click here