Monday, July 14, 2008


"Chinese food is chinese food", my husband told me. But, high-end chinese food is what I think of when someone mentions PF Changs. It happens to be one of the last places that I hadn't tried at the "new" mall of restaurants at STC.
My husband and I had planned a nice dinner at PF Changs for last Friday night. I wasn't suprised, but it was quite packed with hungry people around 6pm. I am glad we had reservations, cause there were at least 3 other couples (not with reservations) hanging around with table buzzers in their hands. The waiter wanted to seat us at the front booth, but if you're like me, I'm not crazy when hungry people are waiting for a table and are within my view. I have a hard time putting up with my little bichon giving me puppy dog eyes when she is hungry, let alone a party of six. It is a very open space with booths lining the walls. Anyhow, we were redirected to a mid-room table. This enabled us to fully experience PF Changs. It was packed. It was noisy. In addition, there was soft music being drowned out from all the table chatter. (yet, it was nice to reconnect with it in the WC)

Our waitress was a cutie--and I think the only Asian in the whole place. We ordered the Crab Wontons (yes, I am still on my search for the best crab in Stamford) and seared Tuna for apps. Both okay, one much healthier. Which the nice waitress pointed out. You could guess which one...

Our main dish was a safe one--Cantonese Beef Chow Fun and an order of Chinese Eggplant accompanied by brown rice. One beefy, the other sweet. Both were healthy portions, and quite tasty. However, it wasn't the "high-end" I was hoping for. It was just okay; no big woop. (Later, I was told that I didn't order the right dishes, WHATEVER.)

I couldn't eat it all, so I wrapped what was left to go. The typical take home white chinese food containers were cute:Without the metal handle--easy to microwave!!! They perform the task of sliding your leftover goodies into the container with precision, and bag it right at the table. And weird as it may seem, they 3-fold the paper bag in a way I've never seen, but liked, and hope to replicate one day on a future lunch bag.

I don't know if I will go back soon, but I would go back.

No comments:

Find our Advertisers in the annual Stamford Downtown Directory

2019-2020 GUIDE

Check out these special menus from Stamford Tables

Parking in Stamford Downtown

Stamford Downtown Demographics

Stamford Downtown Signal Box Brochure

Stamford Downtown Event info

Check out our full Calendar for more events - click here
Sign up for email blasts - click here