Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A "Jazzy" July

Are you a jazz fan? It wouldn't be my first choice radio station, but after this summer, I might change my mind. I'll tell you why....I was proof reading some copy at work, and I noticed that Gato (pronounced with a long "a") Barbieri is coming to town. Well, not being too much of a jazz fan, I was intrigued to find out more about this Grammy Award winner. I was instantly gratified through YouTube, as I had no trouble finding some of his jazz to sample. His score for "Last Tango in Paris" called Europa just took me away. Perhaps most people may have heard it, but it was new to me. He was quite popular in the 60's and 70s. Rumor has it that more babies have been born as a direct result of Europa than any other single song in history.
Well, what an excellent sound--I can understand why. I played it all day in the backround on my computer at work. Being an Argentine jazz tenor saxophonist, it is not surprise that his sound just oozes with smoothness. It was so sensual and sexy--can't wait to see and hear him play it at the Alive at Five concert on July 10...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Gato! Can't wait to see him on July 10th. What a great sax player. Europa is my favorite song.

Find our Advertisers in the annual Stamford Downtown Directory

2019-2020 GUIDE

Check out these special menus from Stamford Tables

Parking in Stamford Downtown

Stamford Downtown Demographics

Stamford Downtown Signal Box Brochure

Stamford Downtown Event info

Check out our full Calendar for more events - click here
Sign up for email blasts - click here