Tuesday, January 15, 2008

napa with a "new" view

Today, I had the chance to dine with a few co-workers at napa & co for a special lunch. Usually I wonder if it will be too crowded, it being so popular. But I didn't have to worry this time because our reservations were to dine at a secret place in the restaurant. Napa has transformed their trendy wine closet into a special private dining area. Away from the hustle and bustle of the front room, you can dine while gazing at the surrounding walls of wine bottles, up close and personal. All through mealtime I found myself dreaming about which from the wall I would love to open. As Charlie, one of the owners, nonchalantly entered the room to pull one for a customer, it was fun to guess which one had left. It being lunchtime, mostly, we ordered sandwiches and salads. I had the hand cut pasta with sauce to die for. The food, as usual, was fresh and fabulous. Well, it has been rumored that when movie stars are visiting Stamford, that's where they dine. I don't blame them. I loved it too. Room with a private view of Stamford Downtown--I like the "new" in napa.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's pretty cool. I hear Gene Wilder dines in this room all the time, and now that CT is a location for movie companies, I bet word will get out about the celebrity treatment at napa & co.!

Find our Advertisers in the annual Stamford Downtown Directory

2019-2020 GUIDE

Check out these special menus from Stamford Tables

Parking in Stamford Downtown

Stamford Downtown Demographics

Stamford Downtown Signal Box Brochure

Stamford Downtown Event info

Check out our full Calendar for more events - click here
Sign up for email blasts - click here